Hair is an important part of our body, both physically and psychologically, emphasizing appearance, especially among women. According to the Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, it is hardly surprising that there are gender differences in responses to alopecia. It suggests that women experience more psychosocial problems and stress compared to men due to hair problems.
|Book an appointment|
Hair loss is definitely not life-threatening, though it can indicate underlying health concerns that exhibit differences in both men and women. While men tend to experience a receding hairline, women generally notice a broadening of the hair partition in an almost Christmas tree-like pattern.
URL for Infographic:
It is normal to lose a few strands of hair. In fact, a person loses approximately 50-100 strands of hair a day. But problems occur when these strands don’t regrow, leaving a bald spot. These occur due to one or more of the causes of hair fall mentioned below.
- Hormonal changes – Hormonal changes due to pregnancy, childbirth, menopause, or even imbalance of thyroid hormones can cause medical conditions that include alopecia and patchy hair loss.
- Genetics – When baldness runs in your family, you are more prone to experience hair fall. This condition can be called male pattern baldness, female pattern baldness, or androgenic alopecia.
- Excessive Hair Styling – It can lead to hair breakage when we put our hair through heat styling and other techniques such as bleaching, curling, and straightening.
- Serious illness – Illnesses such as high fever or even post-surgery complications can lead to significant hair loss.
- Nutritional Deficiency – Lack of proteins, iron, zinc, vitamin C, and B in your diet can cause hair fall.
- Lifestyle Habits – Lifestyle habits like inadequate sleep and smoking can cause hair loss.
To know more on hair loss causes:
Symptoms of hair loss:
Hair loss can occur at any age and is not specific to any gender. The most common symptoms are:
- Patchy bald spots or alopecia
- Gradual hair thinning at the forehead or a receding hairline
- Full-body hair loss due to intensive medical treatments like chemotherapy
According to the American Hair Loss Association, around two-thirds of men will begin to lose their hair by 35. 85% of the global population will eventually suffer from hair loss by the age of 50, out of which women make up to about half.
Wondering how to stop hair fall? Here are some hair fall prevention tips:
- Switch to a balanced diet enriched with vitamin C and B.
- Get adequate sleep.
- Cover your hair with a scarf when you are traveling to avoid damage through pollution.
- Relieve stress with the help of yoga and meditation.
Homeopathy for hair loss:
Homeopathy is an effective treatment for hair fall control that ensures long-lasting results with no side effects. Homeopathy for hair loss promotes hair regrowth and reduces the intensity of hair fall; according to a study conducted by the Skin Research Institute of Europe, homeopathy aids in combating DHT (a hormone responsible for hair loss) without any toxicity.
Homeopathic medicines not only treat hair loss symptoms but also cure its root cause. It slows down the rate of development of new bald patches by limiting the spread of the disease. Homeopathy also regulates the hair growth cycle and reduces the dependency on topical applications or other conventional treatments.
A study was conducted to prove the efficacy of homeopathic treatment for hair loss in the book Hair – Everything You Ever Wanted To Know by Dr. Akshay Batra. It has been found that the recurrence rate of hair loss in patches was just 9.1% in patients treated with homeopathy, whereas it was as high as 50% in patients who took conventional hair treatment for the same.
is one of the most effective hairs fall solutions, with 94% patient satisfaction. The treatment is administered after a carefully evaluated study of the patient’s medical history, taking into account the nature of the disease, the temperament, the sensitivities, etc. The selection of treatment done by the homeopathic doctor is also based on the extent of hair loss, grade of baldnes, ands the condition of the scalp. To book an appointment to experience the best hair treatment in Dubai, click here: (Insert UAE link-Book an appointment)